Sunday, November 09, 2008

Ma's 49th Birthday


Intended to be a surprise, my mother did not know that we will be coming to grandma house and that Aunty Karin has a cake for her.

Yummy Chocolate-Banana Espresso cake topped with Oats and Walnuts...


Aunty Karin has brought a cedele's chocolate banana espresso cake for my mother. I asked if we can just get a small cake, still, the minimum size came out to be 1kg big.

However, it is better than what I have brought previously. I went to buy a 2kg cake and has texted all my aunties and uncles to see if they are free to comeby for a celebration. In the end, the health consicous batch did not really 'touched' the cake. I didn't think we even finish 500gms of the hugh chocolate cake last year.

I love the chocolate-banana-espresso combination, it is very delicious. The topping of the cake is filled with oats and walnuts. I think my grandma loves the nuts more than the cake. Like a child, she is frequent seen using her hands to pick up the bits that comes off from the cake.
Birthday Gift YR 2008
Kaixuan has helped us to snapshot the birthday celebration and I have video-taped the singing and a cutting of cake for my brother to watch. As for the actual cake, we will eat on his behalf.

No comments: