Thursday, October 09, 2008

Change Dressing

I thought that I am ready to return to the office (since there are things that still require my attention and have all been diverted to my home pc) and that I feel so left out at home.

It is only when I stepped out of the house did I realise that the pain on my head is restricting my movements. I could not walk fast and even an old lady is capable of walking much quicker than me. My body feels weak and I could hardly pay any attention to the sounds (as my left ear feel pain and is a bit blocked).

I am trying very hard to avoid street smokers and those people with cold symptoms. Still, I got hurt by an old lady who pushes her way through the seats and carelessly bumped on my head. I am in the polyclinic then, and she shouldn’t have done that to me (‘the patient’). I hate it when she did not say sorry but continued to walk ahead (apparently she did not realise that there is a big bandage on my head). However, I was not in the condition to chase up and reason with her. I would have been satisfied with a sincere word of apology.

To save money, I have been taking public transport throughout my medical appointments, enduring/ ignoring the strange stares.

On these two days, I feel tired more easily and would require longer hours of sleep. It wasn’t like those fresh few days after the operation. The pain is stronger and my left ear is uncomfortable. My whole head feels uncomfortable. The neck is stiff and even my hairs are all stiffed from the blood that are dried up. I use cotton to wipe and clean the harden bundles of hair that are all bended in a strange manner.

While I am trying on all methods to wash and straighten my hairs (unaffected areas), the slight of the blood stains that comes off from my scalp and hairs strands has really scares me. A lot of hairs has fall out as compare to my usual wash. I am starting to think that I may need lots of nutritious food to replenish the nutrients lost.

I have no idea of how the post surgery hair wash would be like, and what or how could I ensure that my hairs and cleaned without hurting the wound. Whether it is normal for my ear to feel blocked and pain? Are there any ways to prevent the hairs from falling? And whether there will be any pains during the removal of stitches. I really regret going for this operation, initially I thought it is only a rest over the weekend, didn’t expect it to be so troublesome.

No comments: