Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Little Moments...


We are a bit shy with my boss around, so for each birthday celebration, we would select on the dates where my boss would be traveling. As there isn’t any travel plans for my boss this week and the birthday colleagues is going to Dubai for the next 3 weeks, we have got to do the celebration in my boss presence... (^^ ,)

I struggled with the thought of inviting our boss to join us in the celebration, thinking that it would be odd if he sees us and feel left out by us as we did not invite him to join. At the same time, I was worried if he would find it too expensive to call for catering and at the same worries if we would have enough common topics to speak on.

As we are going to order pizza and KFC (which are his favorites) and the celebration for 3 of our important colleagues, it would only be polite to invite him to join us. He has agreed with an assuring smile. ^^;

We wanted to let him know that the birthday celebration is under our personal account and so, I have decided to add his name onto our outlook calendar, together with the finalized budget. I have removed the three names (the ones who we are celebrating for ) and type in the ordered list, the price and the amount that each of us should be paying.

This is my first time trying to amend details from the outlook calendar. I have clicked the ‘send updates to everyone’ and was happy to have considered my job done.


THEN… my joy turns into a mess..... The birthday girl forwarded the email to me asking if she needs to pay for her own birthday... my colleague are making fun of me…


The calendar has automatically send a message to the three birthday colleagues, telling them that the appointment as been cancelled and revealing to them every bit of information which I would never want them to see... the whole message came into light... The birthday celebration budget has been exposed... (arghh... i want to cover my eyes.. hoping that they do not see...). I did not know that even when if we have removed some of the receipent names, the updated message would also be copied to them automically, with an addition information stating - cancelled appoinment.. (how nice...) (at this piont, i feel faint and needed an ambulance urgently...) arghh.. I went fanatical and anxiously ran over to her desk to apologies… everyone laughed at my amusing reaction, while I am still panickily jumping about.. I have never expect that the calendar would do such thing to me.. it’s very embarrassing~
=S

Although i have roughly figured out how the computer systen works... and our IT manager says it is understandable how this could have happen... it leaves me with a guilt.. i just hope this incident would quiet down on its own...

No comments: