Friday, September 19, 2008

Celebrating Yeo’s 25 Years of Service


I find that in all celebrations, the fun part is in the preparation and creating suspense. I have submitted 3 different cake designs and my FC has added a statement saying that Yeo has been working in this Company in all his life, and he was like ‘married’ to this Company, so we should get him an extremely special design.
My boss is concerned if Yeo can accept such a big surprise, though I know that he is chatty and can also creates lots of jokes with us, but I wasn’t quite sure if he can accept such ‘liberal’ cake design also. We were all very anxious to see his reaction when he first saw the cake. We have asked him to move away while we open up the box to place the candles.


Everyone keeps laughing and teasing him while my boss declared that the selection of the design has nothing to do with him. I placed the candles on the ‘sensitive’ parts and we have given him a task to use his mouth to take out a candle that has been purposely pushed into the ‘bottom’ of the cake.
He can accept the shock and was laughing with us, but he is too shy to remove the candles using his mouth.

As merriment, Yeo is buying us McDonalds for lunch on his anniversary day.

It is the best joke in the Company ever, never in the tradition we have done any 'naughty' celebration as such. Everyone is discussing on which part of the cake to take and what Yeo's fantasy could be while eating and cutting this cake... (^^ ,)

We asked Yeo about some of the past history in this Company. He had said a lot things to us, and then, he mentioned that my boss must be very young then. My boss says:" Hey, did anyone tell you it is very impolite to mention the age?" Everyone laughed. And he continued:" I was a young boy, thirteen...". haha.. at this date in 1983, some of us was not even there yet..."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha so interesting..the cake is so huge!!and notice there is quite a change in the layout of the office..

伊藤伸恵@Pute Bloggies said...

heez(^^)//... (giggles and covering mouth) luckily Yeo can accept the cake design and joke with us..

angeline is asking him to picture the 'gold fish' face while enjoying the cake... =P

yup.. they have added a few more new desks for our new members..

Anonymous said...

cancan... the cakie looked sexy...! tell me which shop you ordered from??

伊藤伸恵@Pute Bloggies said...

It's a cake sponge cake, very fresh and light... taste really good. I have got them from the ecreative bake.