The little lump on my head has continued to grow (twice the size after my 2nd consultation). At first, the clinic doctor says I would be fine after taking the antibiotics for 3 days. Then the other doctor says I need 5 more days of antibiotics and have to wait for another 5-7 days before I can see recovery. He even mentioned that seeing the lump protruding out is normal as the pus are consolidating before it comes out of my body.
However, the swelling did not go away as the doctor promised, not even after two weeks. I could hardly sleep well. This is my 3rd visit to the doctor, and he says that it would not be possible if the lump is growing, this means that I am not recovering and the antibiotics aren’t helping. He said it was a sebaceous cyst and asked me which hospital I would like to go for a surgical removal. I have no idea on which hospital is better, or even if I wanted this operation.
I am worried, even though the doctor assured me that it would be fine. Expect for wisdom tooth extraction, I have never been through any operation. This is the first time I have to go hospital and I am going alone. While waiting for the queue to schedule an appointment, my heart is beating fast and my stomach is churning. I keep munching on food to control my emotions. I am afraid. The nurses has arranged for me to go to the hospital on tomorrow morning. I am not sure if it is good news for me, the earlier the matter is resolved, the better, as there will not be much time for me to keep on thinking and worrying. Hope that it will be a smooth and painless process tomorrow.
Thursday, August 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment