Friday, August 01, 2008

Dinner @ MOF




Ice-cream + Black Sesame

Jie Xian is going to Chile ( South America ) soon; it would be another 3 years time before I can see her again. While we love ourselves more (vexing over all the little things that happen to us in life), she is generously spreading her love elsewhere (giving it to those who needed the attention most). It is in the giving that we receive.

It is not easy for someone to let go of her life (the career, the family and comfort zone) to go to somewhere out there where the people are less fortunate than us. Not to mention the difficulties in communication (have to learn Spanish) and the lack of security and financial resource. I am so attached to the life here in Singapore that I find it so admiring to have a mind like her.

Stupidly I asked Victor why not we help our own people first, but he reminded me that in the bigger picture, under the worldview there aren’t any boundary dividing people. Sometimes, I got trapped in my little world and needed a gentle nudge.

No comments: