It has been a mistake after all. The polyclinic doctor has referred me to the hospital for the excision without explaining that there is another round of consultations. The surgery date was arranged on the 3 October. There is still a month away for me to not think about it.
Maybe this should be the correct procedure after all, the nurse briefed me on how to take care of the wound (not to wash hair on the first day, not using soap until the wound is healed) and to take pain killer before the operation and let me decide on whether I want to shave or keep my hair short (she says it was her personal opinion but I thought this is exaggerating, I don’t think there is a need because my hairs at the affected portion has already fallen off on its own) plus on the financial side has advised me on the cost.
Though there is a chance that the lump may grow bigger, there is also a hope that it can get smaller. My mother did not trust the young doctors, especially the waiting part because it has been dragged for so long and the healing shouldn’t be delayed, she kept pushing me to see a senior doctor in a private clinic. I am so timid that I would rather endure the discomfort and avoid the topic for a month. I am not sure.
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment