Wednesday, May 24, 2006

My father insists on having the radiotherapy and chemotherapy on the same day. It means that today would be his last session of radiotherapy and the first session of chemo. This was the first time I comprehend the treatment process of cancer patient life. I never know what chemotherapy was, until I saw the hanging packet of fluid. The medicine is inserted into our body through transfusion. The doctor says that frequency blood test is necessary to monitor the progress of the treatment. I would feel the pain, watching those needles and picturing the bruise veins.

The six session of chemo is amounting to twelve thousand, and 20% has to be paid by cash. I was worried about the cost, as I’m right now the only income provider of the family. Hope that we are able to get help from the social care and welfare department.

We are on the route to recovery.

No comments: