Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Aunty Karin has brought a friend to share the knowledge of Christianity and to pray for my father’s health. Aunty Alison was there too.

After understanding palliative care, I know that I shouldn’t be so eager to change his menu and be so strict in his supplements intake. These would only makes him feels like a patient, but what he wanted is to feel normal.

I no longer feel frustrated, because all we wanted was let him to lead a normal life, and isn’t he eating what he usually eats. There is no reason for me to control what he likes and dictate his menu. Of course, palliative care is part of the family members responsibility, but that doesn’t mean that what he is eating is good for him. With time, I will tactically get substitution for all those unhealthy dishes and turn them into healthy delicious delights.

I brought him a soya ice-cream and he is enjoying it.

No comments: