
I thought of wearing something simple and appropriate for both Friday work and the dinner function. I started to feel stressed when I saw that my boss's son and the ex-COO were dressed in business suit, which is in sync with the theme of the night, the venue and the rest of the invited guests. I felt uncomfortable when I was being formally introduced to the ex-COO when I was in such a plain dress that seems so out-of-place. I just feel like turning back and squriming into the nearest corner to hide myself.

My relieves comes from courage when I was in a group. Not only that the few of us looked plain boring (a drastic contrast to the dress-to-kill theme), we also seems to look starving and hungry. Our table emptied 4 bowls of mixed nuts. As we have already know that the dinner will take very long to serve, we have had some pre-dinner snacks at the food court moments ago.

R&D Team
Sales + Corporate
I was at the dinner but my mind was not with the event. I couldn't remember how many tables are there in the ballroom, what the speeches is about, what games have the host play, which are the songs the singer Tay Kewei has sang. All that seems important to me is to use this opportunity to interact more with my colleagues.
The dessert come last at about 11.30pm, I was so engrossed with the strawberry and longans sago and was so busy with the scooping. Even when the colleague who sits next to me tapped my shoulder to signal the card on the table, i bring her menu and open to show her where we are. She then asked me to check my lucky draw number as it could be my number the stage is looking for. Indeed it was the very number that was being announced on stage and I stood up at the very last call before they denounce and pass the chance to others.
I felt lucky as I have not given much thought that I could win the no.7 prize, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to keep my cool while moving up the stage to collect the prize. Actually, my only wins was the idea that I have won something, even though the actual winning came to nothing. The prize contains a $1,000 voucher for sofa purchase with a min, of $2,000 spending in that particular store. The validity is only 3 months and I find it ridiculous if I go elsewhere to shop for sofa while working with a sofa manufacturer. I would rather get the no.9 prize which contains an ipad. It is a unexpected win for me, I should probably make some good use of the coupons number 0371.

I feel that these 3 photos can make up a comic strip

2 comments:
Candice,
You doing well in the new co, so happy for you :)
friend, miss u so much, haha, hope to meet up soon
yes, we should really meet up soon. I'm down with flu. Hopefully will be able to recover by nx week and we will catch up.
Post a Comment