
It has always been on my mind to participate in wedding fairs whenever I chanced upon, however, I have not taken any actions to make it happen. I remembered Corrine has used to encourage me to visit those wedding fair for some good bargain and complete food tasting, but it has never been my intention to actively look for such an opportunity.
Since it was stated on the website that the free registration ends on 12 Oct, and every couple has to pay $20 thereafter. I thought it would be a gain to be able to sign up for free even when it is already at 5:00AM on 13 Oct. I am engrossed in my own thoughts that I have finally progressed to make the first step to sign up for the wedding fair, even though I wasn't really sure if I am indeed attending. Simply the thought that I have done something and this thought itself could last me quite a while before I counter check against the reality.
Whatever has prompted me to fill up the form didn't leave any impression on my mind until the day morning where I found an email reminder on the event. I contacted Victor and realized the coordinator has already phoned him. He was confused at first, but made the promise to attend the event after my name was mentioned. We decided to meet at the event itself at the designated time.
As I have picked the last slot of the day event, most of the tables are already fulled by the time we entered the hall. There is a small welcome gift in a big carrier for every couple attendees, and we are given two small sticker prints for the lucky draw numbers, which will be relevant if we sign up for the wedding package on the spot. We tried to gain some attention from the sales personnel but they seems to be either too busy with people or simply trying to take a break and stay away from the crowd. It only means that we are being left on our own, which took me by surprise as most of the FOC events are usually being tied with a long sales speech.

The emcee invited every one of us to proceed to the food counter for something to eat and the whole event seems to be a free expensive buffet for the both of us. Since this event is done for food tasting, we could access to the full spread of every menu that were each displayed properly at the counter.

The decor is perfect, the food portion was delicate and generous, and everything has been done with the best care, and with the best possible serving manner. This is more than the usual $98++ per pax selection. In terms of food choices, there are much more as it combines with the other menus, and everything was done close to perfection.
This makes the whole purpose of inviting us to this wedding affair even more bizzare, because there has been no selling nor any strings attached. It is so unbelievable to the stage that I should comfort myself that there must have been some negligence with the management of the process, and I reasoned with myself that they could have been one of the marketing strategies to spread their name through the word of mouth. There are so much food and continuous refills ( the waiter was seen carefully serving out the dessert with each portion properly place on the bar) even when the event is already close to an end. I am very grateful to Kriston for this sumptuous buffet @ Megu.

No comments:
Post a Comment