Sunday, November 08, 2009

Reoccurrence

I almost thought that I have recovered from my back injury (it occurs almost every year but has stopped two years ago). Each time with the pain returns, it is more painful than before. I could hardly walk, sit and stand. The usual 5mins walk to the clinic seems like miles and miles away. It is embrassing, as I think any old lady could walk a lot faster than me. I am scare, the feeling of not able to sit properly and the pain from every step I took is terrible. It has happen many times before and it is hurting so badly that I cannot remember what exactly happen during the last clinic visit. I only can recall the injection and the test of reflexes (which my legs couldn't even move when the doctor uses something to hit my knees). The pain is so intense that I am feeling faint. I need to note down what what has happen because the memory of this period will be lost whenever I recover. My mind just doesn't want to remember.

The pain is runs all the way from my lower back to my legs. The doctor says that the misalignment has pressed onto my nerves which is causing the pain. I must lie down and avoid carrying heavy things. He has given me mc for the next 3 days . I really hope that I can be well asap, as my manager is rushing me to come back and work.

Maybe the doctor is just scaring me, he says that my back pain will not be able to recover and the pain would be worst as I age. If i starts to have difficulties going to the toilet, I would need to be admitted to hospital immediately. I am feeling so tie down to the pain at my back, even though the doctor says the injection would be very painful, I could feel nothing on my hands. During the bad times, I couldn't lift my lower body up and need to stay in an awkward position for 5-10mins. I wish to get a second opinion but I couldn't move to the clinic.

I struggled to the first clinic with so much pain that my tears are rolling uncontrollable. I am not able to celebrate my mother's birthday outside. Initially she asked me to go temple with her to pray for recovery, after she sees how slow and painful my every step was, she decided to leave me at home and ask my brother to take care of me. This is the first time he is there to give me a helping hand in everything I do. Kaixuan has also come over to pass me fruits and help in the housework. I am surprised what the love and care from my family, hope that this pain would be over soon.

5 comments:

amy said...

Candice, sorry to know about ur pain...Not scaring u, but recently my father in law also got much pain on his back. Of course u are still very young. But what I saw and heard fr the doctor, I think u better get a referral letter fr clinic to a hospital maybe TTSH. It can be cured at a younger age. Now he is taking expensive medicine and going for physiotherapy.

伊藤伸恵@Pute Bloggies said...

I'm slow in response, should have seen the doctor 10 yrs ago. It's getting more serious this time and I hope it is still not too late. I've got a referral letter to the NUH to see specialist. Hope can find a treatment that could solve this problem permanently.

opal cho said...

Hey, do take care!! I also pray that there will be a cure for your ailment.. no matter what, it's good to try because to leave it alone is not a permanent solution..
Take care!!

opal cho said...

btw, RH here ^^

伊藤伸恵@Pute Bloggies said...

opal - jiejie is only lower backache and not memory lost. haha.. yes, I can remember your nick.