Friday, July 31, 2009

Relive the Good Old Days



It has been a year since we last met. Most of my friends are closer to their poly classmates, but for me, the gathering is a once-in-a-year affair. Extra meet-ups would only be during special events.

I need to clarify that I have become more and more detached from my mobile phone, which I know people is going to ‘kill’ me (and hit-me-if-you-want) because I am happy to lessen my guilt this way. My phone was either left in the office, or I bring out a no-battery phone which is not helping either. The only good part is that I can give whoever the 100% full attention, but the downside is that the meet-up would have to be done like what it was in the dinosaur era (arranged at one location and be there on time, because there would be no other way to reach me).

Illuma is getting more and more crowded and we have no choice, but to go to the Chang Korean Charcoal BBQ Restaurant so that we need not queue at all. Moreover, there is a 20% discount on the food, our total spending is only $46.90 for 6 people.

Adeline has kept in touch with Darwis before the incident. Our class likes him a lot and Darwis says that he would either go Thailand or visit her in New Zealand during that time she is in University. Eventually she came to know that he went to Thailand, from the news, but did not ask him about it during the msn. A few of our lecturers has left to teach in SP instead, and our careperson has file a divorce. There are always new changes are around us. Adeline is now working in Symrise (previous Dragoco and H&R), I do missed the technologists in the beverage department (Victoria, Patricia, Linda and Yuping). They would call us interns the children. I remember my time when they would make me bring lot of school notes to back up my knowledge as each day I would be test on the tough chemistries questions. My classmates from other department dare not walk over to visit me as they will be mentally challenged as well. Anna is still in Ugene lab (my previous workplace also), Jessie is in Symantec, Gwendoline is in Mizuho,(the largest bank in Japan, she has previous worked in Lehman brothers which has recently ceased their operation . During one of the fire drill, as they no longer have a signboard, she is being asked to wear a hat bearing the Company name as the fire warrant. One smart colleague folded the flag into a small piece and rush down the stairs to the exact spot before she opens up the Company name. Still, we are lucky as in Singapore, the residences are less aggressive than those in Hong Kong).

After dinner, we had ice-cream at the Marble Slab Creamery and the waitress is surprised by my request for a cup ice-cream and a cone. She has never come across anyone who eats ice-cream and cone separately. All my ploy classmates can remember my strange habit of eating cereals and drink milk separately.

No comments: