Initially when I heard the news on how many religious pastors would make every month and their society collections every year. I would not understand why this amount should be spent on upgrading to a more luxurious setting than to provide aids to fulfill the basic needs of the poor. People are giving generously for the good. I was told that more donations would make more conducive environment so that it would attract more people to come and do good. It means to me that the money is spent on indulged in more comforting environment.
After some thoughts, I feel that it is bad of me to be greedy to think of using their money. It is the effort and the capabilities of the religious leaders to be able to raise this amount of money, people are willingly donating for the objective they have set. If I am so enthusiast about doing something for the very poor, I could use my own effort to collect the funds and do what I feels is more deserving. People can raise a large sum of money with their capabilities. If critics only use words to say what could have best done with the money, the ‘justice’ statement without the actual actions is no better.
Friday, July 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment