Received an email from Amy, asking if we wanted to be her free model as we can catch up a bit while she could practice her photography with her husband.
I have owned the children a gathering and Amy’s photo gathering suggestion has triggered an idea for me to ask the little children out for photo-taking. I wanted to organize something, but not knowing what to do and where to go. Since they love pictures taking, and I think teens look good in photos, this could be a new and interesting activity to do.
4-5 goals achieved at one go:
1) Managed to do a mini cousins gathering
2) Amy can practice photo-shoot
3) Given the kids an opportunities for good photos
4) Celebrate Wilson’s birthday
5) Keep Jane occupied so... *giggles

I have owned the children a gathering and Amy’s photo gathering suggestion has triggered an idea for me to ask the little children out for photo-taking. I wanted to organize something, but not knowing what to do and where to go. Since they love pictures taking, and I think teens look good in photos, this could be a new and interesting activity to do.
4-5 goals achieved at one go:
1) Managed to do a mini cousins gathering
2) Amy can practice photo-shoot
3) Given the kids an opportunities for good photos
4) Celebrate Wilson’s birthday
5) Keep Jane occupied so... *giggles

From my Dummy Camera - ultra low resolution

From Professional Camera (Amy & Kelvin) - super high resolution
I am afraid that the little children will be shy/ uncomfortable facing strangers, and I told Jane to be as friendly as possible. The initial moment was a little awkward, as unlike usual time, they are not able to pose for the camera. Posting in front of the two professional DSLR seems like a daunting task for them. During the first break, I was being pulled aside asking why are there so many of my friends appearing. I did not tell them that I have planned the outing this way (because I am not sure how they would react), and they thought that it would be me carrying the SLR or just bringing one friend along.
At the same time, I was told that my young cousins are appearing a little tense and they need to loosen up a bit, so I figured the best way is to shakes them (literally). So we hold and shake each other to loosen them up a bit.
At a point, I was worried and wonder if I did the right thing, as I thought that are always okay with my compact camera and could always come up with mischievous looks, never thought that they would be a little stressed facing new people.
However, it is a relieve to know that young people does adapt to the new atmosphere easily, once they are comfort with the people and the new way of photo taking, they are soon being themselves back again, and during the later part, the pictures are looking more and more perfect.
Unknowingly, this activity has also raised their interest in good professional camera. Everything seems to happen so fast, and I had a lot of anxiety over bridging the gap with my friend and family.
Luckily for me, Amy and her husband have a great time with us and the response from the little kids are equally positive. All of us have enjoyed ourselves = 100% successful!!
At the same time, I was told that my young cousins are appearing a little tense and they need to loosen up a bit, so I figured the best way is to shakes them (literally). So we hold and shake each other to loosen them up a bit.
At a point, I was worried and wonder if I did the right thing, as I thought that are always okay with my compact camera and could always come up with mischievous looks, never thought that they would be a little stressed facing new people.
However, it is a relieve to know that young people does adapt to the new atmosphere easily, once they are comfort with the people and the new way of photo taking, they are soon being themselves back again, and during the later part, the pictures are looking more and more perfect.
Unknowingly, this activity has also raised their interest in good professional camera. Everything seems to happen so fast, and I had a lot of anxiety over bridging the gap with my friend and family.
Luckily for me, Amy and her husband have a great time with us and the response from the little kids are equally positive. All of us have enjoyed ourselves = 100% successful!!

No comments:
Post a Comment