Thursday, March 31, 2005

Creepy Crawly

Very yucky… a cockroach brush passes me this morning, and dashed all the way to hide under my computer keyboard. I got so upset that I want go back home…

I look around to check if anyone had noticed my awkwardness and would volunteered to me chase away the intruder. Unfortunately, none.

I walk away and went to the photocopying area to solicit for help. Found a colleague who isn’t afraid of roaches if she’s aware of its presence… what she says was difficult to comprehend but I needed her badly, my reports are waiting…

She say to ‘settle it’ for me...

“Piack”, she gave it a swat and pick up that squashed creature for a proper burial...

I turn around for Josie, who wondered at my phobia. In the past, she used to catch cockroaches, cutting them into bits to feed her live chicken… (no wonder kampong chicken taste tougher). I pictured her scissor-cutting the cockroaches, turning them into chickenfeed…

In the preceding chapter of cockroaches, I saw two full-grown helping themselves with my leftover coffee… I swallowed a scream, because no one should know that I’ve broken one of the unwritten office rules…

The thought of dealing with cockroaches singly doesn’t seem appealing; it’s my first attempt then. In search for a solution, I walk to and fro the pantry. Finally took a cap, cover the lid tightly and bring it to the pantry..

Pointing at the mug, I told someone in the pantry everything… Without hesitation, she garbs me a plastic bag and i wrap up the whole thing (the mug & its content) to throw. I know its wasteful but I don’t want to bring it to mind each time I use that mug…

hee.. ridiculous hor… if I choose to throw away things that a cockroach had laid on… erm.. it touches me this morning..


Still, I’m appreciative for Noraini help to rescue me… will do everything I can to help in return…

No comments: