We are using the National day holiday to celebrate Grandpa birthday, however, a thought came to me and i realises I know very little about my Ah-Gong. How well do I know my Ah-Gong?
1. He is over 80 years old?
2. He came from Taiwan
3. He used to work as coolie in the past
4. He owns a car when he was year
5. He loves to hangout with the folks around the neighborhood all day
6. He plays leisure gamble
7. He owns a noodle stall before
8. He loves to wear singlet and cotton shirt
9. He look dashing when he was young
10. He loves to eat durians
This is how little information I have. Of course I know how many children he has, where he lives and etc.. but I rarely has a chance to communicate with him. However, I know being the elders grand-daughter, my names leaves an impression and he would always mention about kaixuan whenever he sees me.



I am avoiding the crowd in Marina as I do not like the feeling of being squeezed. Singapore is becoming more and more densely populated. Good for the businesses but the street would be very pack and the traffic flow would remain heavy. We hang around Tampines area for sweet treats and dinner.
The new shopping mall in Tampines is less crowded than expected. The refurbishments are nice and the improved outlook has made this place more attractive.
What it takes to mean a Singaporean? We were at the Macdonald during the Pledge Moment. There’s a radio broadcasting the celebration. It took us some courage to stand up when the Pledge is being said as we would have to ignore some stares and do what is rightful. There is no other people standing up during that moment, our gesture has influence the couple on the next table but that it the entire crowd that pride the pledge in the Tampines mcdonalds. The aunties standing beside us even thought that we are letting the seats to them. I was a little disappointed with the turnout but did not have the strong enthusiasm to press on the patriotism in the strangers around me. The surrounding people are too distant and unresponsive to the media announcement.
We took the super crammed ride round the island, to pick Wilson up and see the fishing in Punggol and finally alight at Hougang. There are 7 of us in a car that sits five people. This means that two of us have to sit on the lap. It’s an unwise decision to move Wilson away from his friends gathering; he is nice to have obliged with the request but I guesses he missed his friends badly.
I love my homeland and the people I live with. Since I am born to this Country, I will do my part to contribute to the improvements instead of criticizing the weakness. When we get to know more about the other nations, these exposures will help us to see what is lacking and the areas that we can work on to make our Country better.


No comments:
Post a Comment