Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Emotional Roller Coaster

Celebrated my birthday in the Big O at wheelock place. The resturant is filled with doggies photos and the front page of the menu is shown with all the animals (cow, pig, chicken & turkey and the farmer)holding hands together. That is soon-to-be the beef, the pork and still the chicken & turkey with the chef.

I look so uptight the whole evening, probably due to a series of pressurising issue from work. I am not good in handing stress, as it all can be easily seen on my face. I was so worried that there has been something wrong with the figures shown on the presentation slides, that the new furniture may not be delievered on time, that the website could not be loaded probably, that the staff related matters and that the new cost reduction measure is going to change the way of work. Every little issue can run many rounds on its own thorughout the days.

Joni is right, life is short and unpredictable. There are many turns and twists in the everyday events that there is nothing such as a full-proved plan (though the irony is that secertary is the planner itself). I didn't want to magnify any issue that would left a heavy impact on my life, but I would chide/ warn myself to learn from the experience and not to allow any similar incident to affect my emotion again.

No comments: