


Thankful for the birthday joy given by the nice people around me. I am very grateful for all for birthday wishes and the sweet thoughts.

I was very determined to supersede my memories with the happier ones. Since my mother is at home, I asked her if she would like to go for Karaoke session together. I was well aware that I have to delicate a whole list of songs from a different genre but I should count each of such opportunities a blessing. I wanted many different memories of us, as many as possible. My mother got her friend to join us for the KTV and it becomes my duty to serve and select the right songs for them. Happiness is in the giving; probably treating them to an afternoon of singing fun is an extraordinary experience. I could get to learn some old songs at the same time.


While I was on my way to somerset for dinner, there are 3 girls from the train who keeps talking to me. I was half-listening and half-playing with my phone, but they were chatting and asking me questions about my life. It is polite that I think I should give a response to their questions, and they seem like the harmless normal girls just like the friends I know. One was asking if I am local, there are too many that have questioned about my nationality that it has somehow become a normal strange question. I get this a lot so much that has made me wonder what it the cause of their wrong perception. This is my first encounter of contact exchange from an mrt with 3 other people. I vividly remembered that I was once told about the Japanese culture of a polite gesture to exchange contact means a signal of not wanting to keep in contact. I am going to be doing the do the same, partly for being courteous and partly for blaming the social networking media that I have become lazier in making phone calls.

It has been years away since I last had my actually birthday dinner with friends. It's fun doing different things at different times.



No comments:
Post a Comment