
January 2002
Honesty Earns Cabby Taxi Driver of the Month Award47-year-old Cabby Toh Thiam Huat, a believer that honesty is the best policy, returned $2,000 cash belonging to passenger Madam Wong, whom he picked up on 26 December 2001.Madam Wong's purse had slipped from her hand and onto the rear seat when she alighted. When she realised her loss, she called Comfort's Lost & Found Department. Responding to a general broadcast on the lost purse, Cabby Toh checked the taxi's rear seat and found it. He immediately called Madam Wong to announce his find and arranged for its return.Cabby Toh was surprised to win the award. "I did not expect Madam Wong to commend me. When I found the purse, my first priority was to allay Madam Wong's fears, so I called her to assure her. My next concern was to bring the purse back to its rightful owner. I am only doing my job," he said.

No comments:
Post a Comment