As encouraged by my mother, I brought the 10 Feb Toto. The lucky numbers were picked by Marine (birthday girl of the month). The Aunty wanted to get twelve tickets for each of us and another ‘quick pick’ ticket each. She has given proper instruction and wrote the numbers on a piece of paper for Ah Cheah to buy. Despite those clearly written words, Ah Cheah still got us twenty-four tickets of the same number and not a piece of quick pick ticket. The Aunty was so angry that she grumbles from morning till noon, consecutively for three days. I find it funny, especially when she says things like “how could someone be so silly to buy twenty-four tickets of the same number, and there could ever be a ticketing staff that prints them out without questioning”.
I leap to my feet and emit a silence scream and when the numbers came out. Smilingly, I reminded Aunty those words she said. Aunty is trying to hide her smile, I can’t help but laughing. How embarrassing that is, but before we collect our winnings, we give out five dollars each to make up sixty dollars for Ah Cheah. If we got the numbers correctly, there’s only sixty dollars (# 3 ½), but now we got one hundred and twenty dollars each. On that same day, another set of numbers was chosen and they still want Ah Cheah to buy the tickets. Perhaps, scolding him hardly will get higher winnings. giggles~..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment