Friday, February 10, 2006

Annual Dinner

I am supposed to spend the whole morning preparing lucky draw prizes for tonight’s dinner, and I hide myself inside the conference room to get the things done. One colleague managed to find me and got me out of the room to get a document. Once I’ve stepped out of the room, I heard my name being called all over, everyone is looking for me with something waiting. But even as I feel my job is demanding, I know I enjoy doing them. Luckily, we managed to finish all urgent matters and the prize preparation with the help of Chris and Marine.

I thought that working until 1.30pm means that there would be time for me to shop around and have a nice proper lunch. In the end, I have to rush my lunch and go back office to take the plate, and hurried to the hotel for checking in, and meeting up with the banquet manager (Bibin) and the event organizer (Christopher and Kelvin Okara). In the hotel room, we (Kenji, Marine) still have to wrap up the presents. I’m the last to bath and get change before we set up the reception area. Shermaine was supposed to help me doing reception, but she seems to be very engrossed in photo taking and forgot her role. Soon Wee relented me some help, but was being teased by many other colleagues.

Feels like a princess today. I wore a lovely dress that can hide flab and a set of lovely crystal jewelry that brings out the feminine part of me. All the work, all the preparations… it has been for this day. I very pleased tonight’s dinner arrangement.

Being in this company for more than a year, I become very close to most of my colleagues, even those sales and administrative staff from other branches. There is a little voice in me, asking myself to make sure that I would remember this day, this moment, and these people. I thank for the chance to be able to attend the dinner, thanks them for being so nice to me.

No comments: