Out of my 6 months in SPI, this is the first time I ever been this close to my boss.
Today, Derrick has given us a treat in Tung Lok Areana that serves jellyfish, abalone, braised ribs, shark fins, wasabi prawns, and ice cream in dragonfruit. It has never occurred to me that leaving my colleagues to cover my duties has mixed blessing.
The account I look after has started taking a new items that could bring in tens of thousands dollars additional revenue each month. For me, these orders will simply follow normal process. But under my colleagues, it has become a rewarding deal.
At night, we went RSYC. On a dining table of 4, we ordered 5 set meals under the company account before joining our boss and the rest in the pub.
The privilege of being girls is getting whatever we want. Of course I ordered drinks with cost-conscious that spare my boss from popping blood pressure pills.
We talk about organizing an inter-companies competition, selecting our best representative. As an employee, our concern is on the prize, which probably weighs more than our pride. Ha-ha. The conversation was drifted to the casino thingy, and some of the cruel-harmless joke on our poor colleagues.
I was being described as being accommodating, and they fear me of getting hurt. Jeffrey has been sharing his past experience accompanied with well meaning advices. This has helped me to understand him better. He was like a kind father, how I wished he could be promoted to GM soon, with me as his secretary instead.
Kenji explained why men go drinking every night; because guys has very weak intestine, and so they need alcohol to help them kill those bacteria. I think his wife let him off because of his innovation rather.
One thing I like about SPI is the people. Every one of us enjoyed humor and wit that delights our routine work. Though it was a smoky and inebriated night, its enjoyable.
Friday, April 15, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment