Attended the first session of physiotherapy and I am more confident in the healing process. The headstrong me is trying too hard to prove to the doctor that I am fine in my movements. The discomfort is so unbearable that I am crying so hard. It is only simple task for forward and backwards bending, and twisting the waist. All these little warm up exercises has been so easy in the past that I am doing them all before my brain registered my weakness. How many times must I disgrace myself in the clinic, every time relating to the back problem, i had so much tears that the doctors are so careful of me.
The relieving part of the treatment is to have a therapist there to highlight the problem area and correcting them with the steps. I would also need to put in effort to practice at home. It is found that the pain is more on the right side of my body and that I need to strengthen my muscles around that area. I need to practice until my pelvic bones could rest on equal heights. The right side of the lumbar is so tense and I am glad to know that the therapist has identify the stress area through observing my movements.
1. While sitting, push the knee out one after another and keep repeating
2. While lying, turn towards the left and then the right, making sure the knee are at equal length and the chest area is maintained at the center.
3.Drawing the knee to the chest area, one side after another and keeps repeating
4.Practice moving up and down the pelvic bones, try to maintain at equal heights
5.Lift up the S-shape lower back and relax each segment of the bones and pockets, one by one by lowering slowly back to lying position
Practice a lot at home
After the exercises, the assistance has put me under an electronic device that would assist in relaxing the muscles.
Since the subsided rate is only $24, I have no objections in returning every week for follow-up treatment.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment