Sunday, February 21, 2010

Wildest dreams at Universal Studios



I was really very excited to be among the first batch of public visitors into the Universal Studio Singapore. The ticket cost is only cost and redeemable for a dinner set in any of the 10 restaurants. I have a big piece of pizza with drinks and ice-cream. It is definitely worth more than the cost, since this promotion in meant for the theme park marketing.

The feeling of entering a freshly built theme park is so great that it goes beyond words can describe, the place is new and the toilets are clean, and the whole place just looks so wonderful, everything including the staff uniform looks as if they have just been taken out from the box. Not only does this place look new, it even smells new.

It was as though we are walking into the Hollywood boulevard, there are so many details to look out from and the next minute we pass through the New York City. What that has leaves me the most impression would be the Egyptian theme, as I have always wanted to get close to the theme. I think the most exciting part of this place for most people would be the sci-fi theme where people could experience the two largest roller coaster rides, it just brings me back to the feeling of being in the science centre/ discovery centre there. As for children, I guess that would love the Madagascar and the Shriek theme. I know my father would have loved the Jurassic Park theme and maybe the Mummy movie theme as well. I would definitely want to come back one day to take good pictures.

Being in a fantasy world, we get to see the ‘live’ Kung Fu Panda, the Frankenstein, Ms Marilyn Monroe, the Madagascar and the characters from Shriek. There are also a lot of merchandise product but surprisingly, the prices for the photo-taking and the souvenirs are very affordable as compared to the prices we got to pay elsewhere. However, the qualities of the items are compromised; we could tell the difference if we look at the material of the bags and shirts carefully enough. The materials are made from Thailand and the buying decision would be on the consumers. It may be worthwhile since the purchases are used for buying an idea, a fantasy, or a dream. We would own something, and it need not be expensive or intricate. I have not decided to buy anything yet.














Many thanks to Roufang x 100 for giving me the chance to enter the studio twice. A compact wonderland with vast details.
It has been a truly wonderful experience and I would love the chance to enter this theme park again.

No comments: