

During mid afternoon, we decided to get change and go visit the nature reserve. I enjoy nature recreation activities and would love to visit the animals’ communities, such as the squirrels, tortoises and birds. However, at the same time, I am very afraid that the golden beetles ( or any kind of bettles), lizards and snakes would come close to me. As for mosquitoes, I do not like it but not to the extent of feeling afraid.


As the canopy walk is even closer to nature, as in the trees are taller and the plants hardier and the forest colors are richer. There are a lot of monkeys everywhere, but they behave meeker than the goats we find in the zoo. Some student from China are feeding the monkeys the leftover food such as the potatoes chips and letting them bite on the plastics bags and tissue papers. The unethical feeding behavi or has only attracted m or e other monkeys to come around.
I am not sure if we should keep moving to prevent the mozzies from coming, or whether we should stay quiet and at one place so that our eyes could adjust to the surroundings and more likely to observe the different plants and creatures. I just feel very alert to the rustle of the leaves, as it always indicates that either a squirrel/ a junior monkey are somewhere near. The forest is deep and we can hear the echos of the sounds made by the lizards and the toad. It seems dangerous and imaginable of what could have happen if someone decides to take the alternative route and enter the f or est. How would the illegal immigrants or runaways hide themselves in the tropical rain forest? Before anyone could arrest them, they would have been attacked first by the insects, the mosquitoes, the snakes and got sting by the plants.


I was not intimidated by the height or the distance of the walk but was so afraid climbing down the stairs. It is strange as I have always thought that I am afraid of heights, but I feel nothing even while standing on the suspension bridge (25meters; literally on top of the trees). The wind is strong that one of the branches from the tree nearby has swayed towards our direction and the leaves coming in-between us.
While we are on our return route, I have kept my eyes so focus on the rows and rows of the yellow lines while moving down the stairs that the striking color is sending giddy spells to my brain. I am pushing myself to stay strong and continue to maintain my pace.
It is so glad that the sun is strong, as I couldn’t have imagine what would happen if we are trapped in the natural walk during a thunderst or m. I am afraid of being away from the city, especially during the dark. It is such a love-hate relationship I had with the nature setting. I like to stay beside the reservoirs watching the water flows and looking at the sunset and the image of the land reflected from the water, but at the same time afraid and wanting to keep-away during the night and rain.
It is a regret that we did not get to see the terrapins and the hedgehogs throughout the trip.





A picture popped up in my mind when I first saw this signboard.

4 comments:
Nice photos! But hor...you look very energetic while Victor look very tired wor...
Hi, recently you went to alot of nature reserve. Sometimes, if you need more company, we can join if we got the time.
mh: i'm extremely happy with the outing, vic suggested this place because he knows that i have been wanting to come here.. u should go for some nature walk too.. esp after sitting in front of pc for long hours.. hehe. i think hor vic looks different during dinner steamboat.. =P
amy: yes, i love company, it makes me feels safer.. there are Labrador Nature Reserve and Farmmart that seems like a nice place to go too..
i visited tree top walk many yrs back..hee..quite a relaxing place close to nature..we walked from there to thomson plaza too.haha..spend 4+hrs for the whole walk...totally exhausted after that.
but its really a gd form of exercise!! - weini
Post a Comment