Saturday, November 18, 2006

It’s really a mix-up conversation that Kaijing that thought I’m bringing my boyfriend along to her wedding dinner. There are only six girls at a 10-person table (Not to mention that the food portion was extremely large and it’s a dinner of more than 10 courses). The girl beside me asked the waitress what she would do with the left-over, when she was told that they were all to be thrown into the bin, she asked if she could have them packed. The answer was positive and she immediately popped another question, whether we can have all the dishes packed. The waitress was taken aback but agreed to do as per request. I feel embarrassed because the “tak pao” food containers with white plastic bags are all sitting next to me on top of the table. When the bride and groom are approaching us for photo-taking, I hid the packed food under the table. I don’t think the family of the host would expect us to ask for take-away.




No comments: