Thursday, October 19, 2006

I am working hard to find a better job

I have got responses from two companies at the same time. One was like a perfect match for me; I like the employer and the job scope, though the distance and time poses a great challenge for me. The other was multi-national financial corporation that would give me a greater prospect in my career.


I was being offered the first job shortly after the first interview, and the recruiter says that they liked me a lot. I rejected the offer saying that I do have concerns on the working hours, as I will be graduating in half a year time and will not be able to work overtime.

I was very tempted when they mentioned that there are yearly pay increment and frequent training courses. It was a great offer but I am not sure if I will be able to continue my studies if my evening and weekends were to be spent in the office.

I will have to reaffirm myself that this is a cost-opportunity decision I must make, by giving up this offer, I can get a chance to get into a large organization with a better career prospects.

No comments: