Sunday, October 02, 2005

It all starts from Friday. Wanted to buy an assessment book and do revision but in the end, went to watch the “corpse bride” in Marina Square with Victor. It was a midnight show and we spent many hours roaming around the streets. I wanted to have some time to think, to understand myself, to find out what I want. Or maybe, I was just trying to find the courage and motivation to study for my exams.

We took nightrider home and decided to start our preparation for the exams the very next day. Who knows, in the afternoon, I received a call from Susan. It was a long awaited call, as she not picked up or returns my call for the past one month. She just quit her job in the slimming center and she wanted to enjoy what she deem as her entitlement after a two full month hectic work. I see myself as one of her closest friends in Singapore, especially after getting to know that my name has been put up for the emergency contact person. I reckon that I had to be with her for a while, but I also know I had to put aside my studies again.

All right, I shall treat it as a retreat before I start seriously commits myself to my studies.

Thankfully it was my payday. I think we will have definitely overspent because we are acknowledging and realizing all our roaming wild ideas.

After accompany Susan to the furniture warehouse, we went to Bugis for her lunch and visited every apparel shop found in the junction. At dinnertime, we walked across the row shop houses and wander all the way till we reached Suntec. In the end, we decided to eat wafer ice cream instead of a proper meal.

We went to candy empire in millennium walk and there I saw the Wonka chocolate bar. Never thought of that chocolate bar being so real, I can see it, I can feel it, can I can even eat it if I’m willing to pay for it.

Susan suddenly has to urge to eat satay and I go along with her idea. We took 240 to Clarke quay to have our satay stick. It’s so nice to be seated on the street where I can see the Singapore River and the passing tourists (shuai ge & mei nu). Enjoy the nice cool breeze, so long as it doesn’t rain.

For drinks, we went to IndoChine. Susan complains of the smelly feet in the bar??? And we choose a seat at the open space restaurant.

While chatting, Susan feels hungry and she wanted steak. At that moment, I actually have no desire for any food. Not to disappoint her, I went along with her idea, but insist that we choose elsewhere to eat.

The next available eating-place is Hooter. By looking at our orders, both of us are like celebrating children day. There’s onion rings, cheesy potato, steak, wedges, salad and mango juice in front of us. We really cleared our plates. What a guzzler breakthrough.


It’s glad that all my friends are sensible enough to differentiate between enjoyment and serious work. It’s not a bad thing to let loose ourselves once in a while after all. Now I feel recharged to continue working towards my goals. All are well except I think I needed liposuction for the excess fats consumed.

No comments: